Sunglasses lenses may get scratches or damages after a long time of use. You can start a new life of your sunglasses with the replacement for the new lenses. The easy way is to bring your glasses to a local optical store to ask for a replacement with lens color, lens options at your desires. If your sunglasses model is popular like Ray-Ban or replacement lenses are available from manufacturers, you can do it yourself to save the money.
1. Buy online the new lenses
Contact the manufacturer for a lens replacement referring to the model number and sizes printed on the left temple.
2. Remove the lenses
For the plastic sunglasses:
Position the front of sunglasses facing away from you. Place the towel over the lenses to make sure you are still holding the lenses after they pop out. Press your thumbs inside the lens while other fingers support on the frame, so you can easily pop out the plastic lenses.
For metal sunglasses:
It depends on manufacturers you need to locate the screws that hold the lenses. In most cases the screws located near the hinges. Unscrew these screws you can easily remove the lenses.
3. Install the new lenses into frame.
Hold the front of sunglasses facing you with the tower. Position the new lenses into frame, press your thumbs inside the lens while other fingers support on the frame. Pop in the lenses is harder than pop out, sometimes you need to soften the plastic materials by hot water.
For metal sunglasses, the process is easier. Just position the new lenses into the frame and tighten the screws.
How to choose the sunglasses
After a long time of use, sunglasses pick up dust, dirt from outdoors, and others from your body as hair oil, sweat, makeup. A proper way of cleaning may extend the life of sunglasses, especially lenses. Just follow a few easy steps
- Remove the lenses from the frame (optional), it's easier for deeply clean inside small grooves.
- Rinse your lenses and the frame with warm water.
- Use the soft toothbrush to brush gently on the lens surfaces and the frame. Pay attention to the areas as nose pads, frame grooves where the dust collected the most.
- The nose pads may become yellow after extensive use, they are available from the market. it's easy to replace by unscrewing the small screws if you want to.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean sunglasses thoroughly.
How to measure my PD
Sunglasses are essential to everybody to use daily for eye protection and to elevate the look. If you have many sunglasses without a case, you need a sunglasses organizer to keep them handy and safe.
How to read the sunglasses code